M2L Difference- Madrix 2 to Madrix 3

This is the forum, where you can add your wishes and feature requests.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

lwpsr

M2L Difference- Madrix 2 to Madrix 3

Post by lwpsr »

M2L-Why is the M2L so different on Madrix 3? Makes at least half of my setups useless when I transfer. Also most of my scripts will not transfer. Will have a cube setup built to try within three weeks. Hope it will work much better.
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: M2L Difference- Madrix 2 to Madrix 3

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi,

Thank you very much for your feedback!

I would like to mention a few things:

- Please remember that MADRIX 3.0 RC is a release candidate, which means it is still a test version and not final. It is already very advanced, but some things could still change.
- Have you tried the Export feature of MADRIX 2.14d (File > Export > ...)? This allows you to transfer your MADRIX 2 Setups to MADRIX 3.
- It is correct that our developers changed a lot of things, but in the end that means that our users, such as yourself, will have even more possibilities for customization. MADRIX 3 will be a major new version and that was a good opportunity to improve things. We think that everyone will benefit from the new options.
- Any changes also affect the scripts, since the functions will work differently. But we will also document these changes.
- 2 effects are currently missing (I think it is M2L Color Scroll and M2L Color Rings) since they are not ready yet. But we will make sure to add them with an update at a later date.
- The majority of M2L is still there in MADRIX 3. A lot of effects have just been renamed and now have a different label than in MADRIX 2. But in general the effects are there.

Please let us know if you have any further comments.
Thanks again for testing!
lwpsr

Re: M2L Difference- Madrix 2 to Madrix 3

Post by lwpsr »

Thanks for your reply and understanding. Yes have tried the export function. Works great. Just miss the M2L color scroll and color rings. Looking forward to the update adding them. Will continue experimenting, especially with the 3-D cube