Sync Video by MTC

This is the forum, where you can add your wishes and feature requests.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

awpross

Sync Video by MTC

Post by awpross »

I currently use the Cuelist synced by MTC to play my shows. Sometimes I use the build in Madrix Effects and sometimes i use my own Videos and there is the sync problem.

The cue list is in sync by MTC but the video itself is not. So I'd like to have a function to enable MTC sync for a particular video. if this video / cue is started by the cue list synced with MTC, the video itself should also stay in sync with the MTC beginning at the point, it was started from the cue list.

Regards
AW
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Re: Sync Video by MTC

Post by Wissmann »

Just to be sure i understand your request.
You like to see the frames of the video in the SCE Video effect synced to the frames by the MTC?
What about different FPS?
Video with 25 FPS and MTC with 30 FPS for example?
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)
awpross

Post by awpross »

There is no Frame by Frame Synchronisation required. It has just to Play at the same position in time. (difference of up to 100-150ms are ok)

This is, what I except from the Synchronisation:

We have Shows, which are completely pre-programmed in different applications which are all synced by MTC. (Laser, DMX-Light, Video, Audio, Special effects, ... ) Sometimes, it may be necessary to stop the MTC or restart it. And the most important thing: If something goes wrong and an application has to be restartet or has startet to late, everything should stay in sync. And that's the Point where the MTC sync is required in Madrix. Whatever happens, while MTC is running, it should always be in sync.

I will have a cue list which is synced by MTC. Now in one cue, there may be a long Video Clip. Lets say 3 Minutes...

The Cue with Video is triggered at 01m:00s:00f so beginning with 01:00:00, the Video should start at 0m:0s:00f Video time. If I jump with MTC to 0:02:00:00, the Video should be at position 0:01:00:00 and so on.

When MTC stops, the Video should stop, when MTC is rewind, the Video should also do the same. and so on. There is no Need for stay in sync while mtc is running back, it has just to stay in sync while MTC is normally running in Forward direction.

Maybe a Option would be usefull to select one of the following Options:
- Video should not sync with MTC (like now)

- Video should sync with MTC from the time it has been triggered by the cue list or manually by the Buttons. (like in my example above)
([Video-Time] = [MTC-Time] - [MTC-Time at CUE activation] + [Offset defined in Video effect]))

- Video should sync with MTC time regardless when it was triggered. ([Video-Time] = [MTC Time] + [Offset defined in Video effect])

If Video is set to Loop, it should also Loop with MTC synchronisation.

For our last Event, I have programmed a MTC Receiver with Video Playback who just keeps the Video time in sync within a time window of aprox. 100ms. But I can only use a complete Video in my MTC Receiver. But I'd like to mix a real Video with the effects of Madrix. And my MTC Receiver just can playback the Video on Screen, not DMX or something else.

By the way: Could you give the cue list the ability to Play two cues at the same time and mix them? Or is this already possible?

Whow, that's much work to do ;-)
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

Ok get it, thanks for the detailed description, i bring it on our todo list.
Two cues at the same time is not possible with MADRIX.
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)