Load and save mapdata

This is the forum, where you can add your wishes and feature requests.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

electroaudio

Load and save mapdata

Post by electroaudio »

There is plenty of options to load and save colours and other such stuff, but not for maps..

In our setup we only have DVI outputs. and each DVI pixel has its own position in the venue, like the top of the bar, the sides of the balcony, a couple of ledtubes outside the entrance, some ledwalls, and a ledroof, and so forth.

Now, if i want to add an effect to one place in the venue then i have to write in the numbers manually.
Wouldnt it be possible to add a map load and save option in the mapwindow?

Another question, does the map work with percent or pixels internally?
We have widened the DVI output with only two columns and 28rows and now every single map is completely fucked up. I am currently reentering all the mapdata in every single position, several filled storages where each storageposition is filled with atleast ten maps which has to be reentered one by one by hand, it is a weeks fulltimejob just to get everything back in a working condition again... currently i am only at S1P248 so there is a lot left..
Also, is there any way to avoid this map-mess the next time i want to add some leds to the setup??
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: Load and save mapdata

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi electroaudio,

Thank you for your feedback!
We have noted your input and took it as feature requests, thanks.

You are right, once you have changed the size of the virutal LED matrix (independent of the percentage or pixel values), MADRIX automatically scales the maps. That can be a huge advantage for a user, but in your case it turned out not to be.

To improve your work-flow, you can copy and paste Storage Places of MADRIX (i.e. effects) and the copy will then automatically include the settings, Layers, and Map dialog settings as well.

More from the user guide (http://help.madrix.com/m3/html/madrix/h ... array.html):

Drag & Drop

Copy And Paste
▪ Left Mouse Click + 2 sec. Hold - You can perform a Copy and Paste with the mouse.
Use a left mouse click on a Storage Place and continue to hold for 3 seconds. A small + appears. Continue to hold and move your mouse to another Storage Place. Release the button to paste a copy onto the new Storage Place.

Cut And Paste
▪ Left Mouse Click + 2 sec. Hold + Shift - You can perform a Cut and Paste with the mouse.
Use a left mouse click on a Storage Place and continue to hold for 3 seconds. Press Shift in addition. A small rectangle appears. Continue to hold the buttons and keys and move your mouse to another Storage Place. Release the button to move the previously selected Storage Place to the new position.

Thank you.
electroaudio

Post by electroaudio »

To copy all the settings including maps would be like masscopying one single effect to all the storages, then i could just as well start over from scratch ;)
..So that doesnt work :roll: :wink:

I understand the advantage of scaling in a single ledwall setup.
But i was thinking ( Bad habit, i do that a lot.. )
I noticed that there is a predefined maps section where it is possible to select different maps, would it be possible to add my own maps to that one? Also, if those predefined maps are read everytime a new storageplace is opened then it would make changes in the ledsetup a breeze to fix, just edit the maps there and it would be fixed in all storageplaces automagically. :D
-And it would work just as well for both those who only have a single ledwall as well as for those of us who has several fixed ledpositions :wink:
I also think those with a sigle ledwallsetup would be happy about being able to enter other maps than those few who already exists there.
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

I see.
I am sorry that did not work out either.

The idea you are describing does also exist here already, but I cannot say if or when such a feature would be added to the software.

Another option right now could be to use the Macro functionality. It would be possible to write a short Macro for each "map preset" you require. You could then load the Macro on the required Layer or Storage Place. Loading the Macro each time can also be a little time-consuming, but you wouldn't need to manually entry each map value every time and the Macro is also not affected by scaling.

Learn more:
http://help.madrix.com/m3/html/madrix/hidd_macros.html

A Macro could look like this for a Storage Place:

@scriptname="";
@author="";
@version="";
@description="";

void InitEffect()
{
LayerMapDlgSetMapPixel(0, 0, 0, 10, 10); //Sets Layer 1 to 10 by 10 pixels starting at 0,0
LayerMapDlgSetMapPixel(1, 20, 20, 30, 30); //Sets Layer 2 to 30 by 30 pixels starting at 20,20

}

void PreRenderEffect()
{

}

void PostRenderEffect()
{

}

void MatrixSizeChanged()
{
InitEffect();
}

Please let us know if that is something that could interest you.

Thanks.
electroaudio

Post by electroaudio »

Finally Finished!
Next time i will ask the installer to do a futureproof DVI-setup with plenty of room to expand, without changing the size ever again :D ... or atleast not until that year when a maploadfeature has been added ;)

Thanks for the macrolink btw, i do have to learn how to write macros too, for some of the effects that i want to do ;)
Tee-Ho

Post by Tee-Ho »

You can use some programs like "Mouse Recorder Pro". I use them, too.
You can write Mouse Macros and Keyboard Macros. There you can make a shortcut "STRG+1" for filling mapping values for your first LED Wall, "STRG+2" for filling Mapping values for second wall or STRG+... for what else you need.

Not the best, but not the worst solution ;)

Would be a better solution, if Madrix, have a dropdown-field with "UserMap1-Settings","Usermap2"...
One click and you could have the right settings for your Maps.

Toby