Big wish please - PASSWORD

This is the forum, where you can add your wishes and feature requests.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

piskun

Big wish please - PASSWORD

Post by piskun »

Hello

Is there any possibility to protect configuration setup? I have Madrix in a club location with stupid curiosity Dj`s. It`s OK to edit show, text options, but they touch patching, matrix generator and device manager.

Can you protect my setup, and save my time?

regards
lwpsr

Re: Big wish please - PASSWORD

Post by lwpsr »

Have the same problem and would like to have also without pass wording the computer.
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi there!

Thank you for your feedback!

I would recommend to directly use the features of Windows in this case:
Please search for your MADRIX Setup File on your harddisk and perform a right mouse click on the file. Then, choose "Properties" from the context menu. Call up the tab "General". there, enable the attribute "Read-only".

In doing so, you make the show file write-protected. That means that MADRIX can read the file without any problems, but when someone saves any changes in MADRIX, the software won't be able to actually save them and the Setup File remains unchanged. VJs will be able to adjust things in MADRIX when the software remains open. But when you load it again next time, everything will be as it was the first time.

Does that help?
electroaudio

Post by electroaudio »

I have the same problem, and locking configurationfiles is as i see it a working but not a complete solution.
(I have backups on usb)
My problem is that there are plenty of lightworkers and some of them does change storages that they arent allowed to change.

So, if you decide to add password i would also like to suggest that you add "admin", that are allowed to do everything. and then "users", that only has access to or are locked out from different defined storageplaces.
-Userdefined names of the storageplaces like there already are on the storages would also be good ;)
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello electroaudio,

Thank you for the input. We will discuss it.
At the moment it is recommended to use the features of windows like Fritzsche explained in the post above.
If you have set your MADRIX setup to"read only", the LJ changed anything and you close the setup and reopen it again. The setup should look like the created original setup.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again!
Thank you