Scheduling/triggering cue-list

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

ledtinker

Scheduling/triggering cue-list

Post by ledtinker »

Hello,

I have a question regarding the scheduling cues in the Madrix software.

My task is to set specific scenarios for different seasons. Each season has two scenarios that supposed to run in a exact time, for example, one scenario runs at 10 o'clock and another at 17 o'clock. Scenarios are different, they use different specific time for specific month.

It might be possible to implement this through Main output Macro. My idea was to check current month, day and time to start cue's according to this information.

But as far as I understand script takes time information only when macro gets triggered and there is no option to trigger macro except startup of the program. Is some kind of scheduler might be useful just to restart the program? Or is this somehow possible to do it through Madrix software?

Another option is to set cue-list for every day and use macro that allow to ignore year like in the link. However, it will take around 800 entries in cue-list.

Is there workaround or may be it is better to use completely different approach?

Thanks in advance.
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Scheduling/triggering cue-list

Post by Guertler »

Hello ledtinker,
Welcome to the MADRIX forum.

With the MADRIX software you can easily create such a Cue List to jump to different loops at different times. Because with the help of "System Time" you are able to jump to the desired loop at the desired time and at a special date.
After a jump to the start cue of the desired loop it is possible to set a duration how long a cue of this loop should run before the next cue will start.
Under the following links you can learn more about the Cue List in MADRIX:
http://help.madrix.com/m5/html/madrix/i ... elist.html
http://help.madrix.com/tutorials/html/i ... nd_du.html

Of course you can also use a "Main Output Macro" to trigger the desired cues in the Cue List or the desired Storage Places after a desired time. But at the moment I think this will be more complex and not necessary in your project. The MADRIX Macro and Script can also have access to the System Time everytime.
ledtinker

Re: Scheduling/triggering cue-list

Post by ledtinker »

Thank you for your reply. I guess in my current project it will be more conviniet to use just program interface as you suggested to set everything.

However, can you explain/provide link how to trigger main output macro? For me it might be useful tool in our future projects.

Regards