Madrix crashing/shuddering

GreenlightKelly

Madrix crashing/shuddering

Post by GreenlightKelly »

We recently installed Madrix onto a new laptop and have been having this issue with it. Pertinent laptop specs:
Lenovo Yoga 720 running Windows 10
Processor IntelCore i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz, 2801 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logic Processors
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 w/2gb GRAM

Wat happens is one of two things: either a full program freeze (not responding, often slightly whited out) or a full screen b/o (I describe this as a video 'shudder'), followed by a return into the program.
After a 'shudder', the preview displays will all be blank and need to be disabled/re-enabled. This seems to trigger most frequently when going into touchscreen mode, but I've been able to replicate it when in standard mode as well. 2d or 3d doesn't seem to affect the issue. We did think we had it fixed for a while(assumed it was a power setting issue with the laptop), but the problem has returned after installing the latest Madrix update.
The crash and freeze issue is new to the update. It also seems to trigger regardless of the mode and settings. I've tried different setups with no luck, and the program doesn't seem to be pushing the GPU or CPU overmuch either.

I'll send a setup that I tested this on as well as a log file.

Any ideas/precedent for this? Thanks!
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Madrix crashing/shuddering

Post by Guertler »

Hello GreenlightKelly,
Welcome to the MADRIX forum.

The explained issue sounds like an issue with the graphic card. Please double check if the NVIDIA graphic card is working with the latest driver. Furthermore please check if the used Windows is also working with the latest updates.