Scheduled pre-saved shows (from Phillips iPlayer system)

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

SFX Group

Re: Scheduled pre-saved shows (from Phillips iPlayer system)

Post by SFX Group »

Hi Thanks

I was playing around and managed to get it to work.... it takes some getting used to....

I am starting to get some very specific questions so from this point i will open new threads on those ares....

Few general questions...

- The preview windows are super small, its really hard to see 340 LEDs when there in an "L" shape even with the 3D view, is there a visualizer for Madrix i can get the light layout in and see it working?

- Is there a way of changing the background color of the preview Windows, dark grey with black "lights" is super hard to make out

- Is there an easier way (application) to add all the fixtures, i find i have to keep visualising the layout to get the XYZ correct before i can add them.
Many Thanks
Ashley

© Copyright 2015 - http://www.ashleygriffin.ca
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello Ashley,
First of all can you please tell us which MADRIX version you use? You will find the information of the version when you go in MADRIX to "Help > About".
Regarding your question about a visualizer software: You can connect MADRIX with all visualizer software which is using Art-Net as input.
Also you have the possibility to zoom, move and in case of a 3D preview rotate the previews. In the following link you can learn more about the preview options:
http://help.madrix.com/m3/html/madrix/i ... indow.html
You can change the view of the previews in MADRIX between "Transparent" and "Opaque". If the "Patch Mask" is set to transparent you will see the non patched pixels darker and the patched pixels brighter. When you change it to opaque you will see only the patched pixels. To change the "Patch Mask" in MADRIX go to "Previews > Preview Output > Patch Mask".
I don't know a application which can visualize the pixel position where you have to add the pixels. I recommend to use a hand made sketch and rasterize it.
SFX Group

Post by SFX Group »

Hi

The version i am using is v3.3b, its still the Demo as trying to understand it before i invest money, although i do like what i have used already.

I have seen the 3D view in the visualiser and this is nice, however there black dots on a dark grey background, it looks nice when the scenes are running, but kinda hard to see them, can see in the image i have to zoom very close (picture below).

Are you able to forward some links for the Art-Net visualizer so i can have a look at this? I am guessing thats only when the Art-Net is in use, also some other links of any visualisers that work with Madrix.

Many Thanks
Ashley

© Copyright 2015 - http://www.ashleygriffin.ca
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello Ashley,
When you are looking for a visualizer you can for instance search for: "Realizzer 3D", "Cast wysiwyg" or "Capture Argo" in the internet.
Bichuch

Post by Bichuch »

My five pennies: there is quite artless, but INEXPENSIVE visualising software - Magic 3D Easy View. It is limited up to 4 universes through Art-Net and up to 2 through DMX interface.

Modified by Moderator: Link removed.