limited intensity

This is the forum, where you can add your wishes and feature requests.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

velasconn

limited intensity

Post by velasconn »

other software as Martin LightJockey allowed in settings limit the intensity of the LEDs, have this option in Madrix? if you could not would be nice to include it in an update.

for example: I want a strip of LED, its value can be from 0 to 255, I want limit to 190, and later in master intensity i have 0-255 but these leds cant have 220 because i limited on 190.

thanks
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: limited intensity

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi velasconn,
Yes, it is possible to limit the intensity as described.
With the main MADRIX software, the MADRIX Fixture Editor is automatically installed and provided. You can create a new fixture profile according to your requirements and then use this fixture definition in MADRIX.
Start with the user guide here:
http://help.madrix.com/m3/html/fixtureeditor/index.html
Thanks!
velasconn

Post by velasconn »

hello,

thanks for your quick response.

I used editor fixture on many occasions, I knew that option, but what I propose is very useful.

I put a practical case

Arrays in a setup where there are 160 boards 169 pixel LED (RGB), but all perimeter cuts that each is of a different size and number of LEDs (total 90 boards more).
For as you suggest, I must edit each of the 169 channels each plate (total approximately 15210 editions of values).
The way I suggest, you would simply select fixture in the editor or in the patch, select the board 2-5-9-23-180 (or all) and give a maximum value, for example 199.

Edit all channels of each LED is an exceedingly laborious work, when with a simple option is solved.

Thanks again
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

For your use case, the Fixture Groups feature that was introduced in MADRIX 3.4 would be a perfect fit. You can assign a maximum value there, in the Patch Editor or you can leave the maximum value and change the fader in the Group Control.
Learn more here: http://help.madrix.com/m3/html/madrix/h ... roups.html
velasconn

Post by velasconn »

perfect,
that option is what I was looking

tank you, so much.